Pic(k) of the week 29: Zebra butts!

In about 2 months time, I should be off on a 2 week self-drive photo-safari around Namibia. Travelling by 4x4 (roof-tent equipped), we plan on driving around 2000 to 2500km around the ex-German colony,  used to be called, South-West Africa. One of the highlights will probably be the Etosha National Park. A very interesting game reserve centered around a large salt pan desert.
While planning the trip, I felt the urge to re-visit my Kenya photo gallery. All of these images were shot on a Nikon D200 body, during my first photo-safari in September 2008. What an experience it was!
One of my favorite images of the trip is this shot of 2 Zebra butts... Today I decided to re-edit the image with the newer Lightroom 3 RAW processing tools and subsequently converted it to Black & White.

Image details:
Nikon D200 with Nikkor 18-200 VR lens
ISO 100, f5.6, 340mm (200mm on cropped D200 body), 1/750s
LR3 + Nik SilverEfex for B&W conversion

Those of you interested in the color version of the image can see it here. I'm interested in knowing which version you like more. Feel free to leave a comment below!

Safari Kenya by Bjorn Moerman PHOTOGRAPHY from Bjorn Moerman on Vimeo.
Click on the video above to view a 3 min Vimeo photo-slideshow of my Kenyan safari adventure. Best viewed in full screen by clicking on the icon at the right bottom bar.


Click that shutter,
BJORN


Comments