Pic(k) of the week 5: Pepper nr 1

Partly inspired by Master Photographer Edward Weston's "Pepper 30" I shot this image of a red pepper... Wanting to do some shooting while a sandstorm kept me inside, I decided to dust off my Tamron 90mm Macro lens and shoot some stuff straight out of the fridge!

Pic(k) of the week 5: Pepper 1
Using two off-camera speed lights (SB800/9090 flashes) and an umbrella, I wanted my objects to really stand out.
Beside this pepper, an apple and egg shot using the same technique, can also be found in my Macro gallery.

I tried a black and white conversion, but do like the bright red one better.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Tamron 90mm Macro lens
ISO 200, 90mm, f11, 1/4s
Shot on a Gitzo tripod using live-view for manual focus
RAW file processed in Lightroom 3
Skin softening in LR3

Click that shutter,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


Comments