Pic(k) of the week 27: What is he photographing?

Summers in Dubai are not photography friendly! Temperatures soaring above 45C (113F), extreme humidities and before you know you haven't shot in a month... 
It is however perfect to catch up with editing non-processed images from the last few months, including a large batch shot in Andalusia,  Spain.

Pic(k) of the week 27: What is he photographing?
While strolling through the streets of Jerez de la Frontera, I was about to make an image of the beer & snails sign on the left, when a curious waiter was wondering what I was up to. A few seconds later I clicked the shutter again and walked off with a interesting image. Street photography at its best!

After editing a single file HDR (High Dynamic Range) with my new HDR favorite, HDR Efex Pro, I used SilverEfex 2 to convert to Black and White and spend quite some time fine tuning shadows and highlights. For the ones that shot film, "dodging and burning"!

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO 1250, 70mm, f6.3, 1/160s
RAW development in LR3
Single file HDR with HDR Efex Pro
Black & White conversion with SilverEfex 2

Don't just take pictures, make pictures,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter





Comments