Pic(k) of the week 42: French Beetle

It is quite rare that I use an iPhone image in my Pic(k) of the week series.... But as we all know, the best camera is the one you have with you!

2012 Pic(k) of the week 42: French Beetle

As I was coming out of a restaurant in downtown Toulouse last week, this VW Beetle was just begging to be photographed.

The harsh light of the overhead streetlights stood in dark contrast to the overall scene. Even though this image clearly has some flaws like the blown out highlights on the car, it gives me that European wintery feel... Maybe even a sense of loneliness. To be honest, I'm not really sure that the same would be achieved if I had taken it with the D800. I guess that a very clean image would almost be too clinical.

Image details:
iPhone 4S
ISO 800, F2.4, 35mm, 1/15s
Lightroom 4.2 for contrast and noise reduction
Nik SilverEfex 2 for Black and White conversion

Even though the training for my day-job still keeps me very busy, I do hope to go out there more and more as the weather in Dubai is becoming better and better...

Remember, "when people ask me what equipment I use, I tell them my eyes"

BJORN




Comments