Pic(k) of the week 28: Subway ghost in Munich

This weeks Pic(k) of the week comes from the underground. 

2013 Pic(k) of the week 28: Subway ghost in Munich

While in Munich two days ago, I photographed this "ghost" deep under ground in one of the U-Bahn stations... No, not really!

I do however like how the single person dressed in black adds to the shot. The best way to have very few people in the shot, is waiting until the train has just left the platform. Often there is very short period where the platform is empty.

It was in February that I first discovered the colourful Munich U-bahn (Metro or Subway). Needless to say I wanted to come back here to document this 100km network of 100 metro stations. I have far from completed the mission, since there are still a lot more interesting stations to shoot. To be continued... 

Over the next few days, I will upload more images of different stations to my Munich gallery

The FujiFilm X-E1, three Fujinon lenses (18-55mm, 14mm, 55-200mm) mounted on a lightweight tripod, were again the perfect combination. Not a single time was I asked to stop photographing. Not sure if this would have been the same, shooting with a bulky DSLR...

Image details:
FujiFilm X-E1 with the 14mm 2.8
ISO200, f8, 1/2s
RAW development in Lightroom 5

I'm off on a 18 day Summer holiday to Belgium now and hope to do a fair amount of photography during that period.

Meanwhile, " Take that lens cap off!"



BJORN






Comments