VIDEO: GoPro Pilot's view during YAK-52 flight

GoPro video cameras have been around for a few years now. They are a very versatile, compact, rugid camera solution which can pretty much be mounted on anything. 

Air to Air with YAK52 above the English Channel

In the past my GoPro has been with me on ski-trips, 4x4's trips in Iceland and the Dubai desert and many more. I has also done quite a bit of flying... 

During my 2011 photo-adventure in Florida and the Bahamas, we mounted a GoPro Hero 2 on the wing and tail of our Cessna C172 photo platform, which made for some very interesting footage.

Last Summer I did some flying in Belgium with a headstrap mounted GoPro Hero. The 5 min video below is of a compilation of a flight in a Russian built YAK-52 military training aircraft. 

Please click on the video below to view. Rather than using Auto in the bottom right of the video screen, please select 1080HD for the best viewing experience.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Having the GoPro mounted on the head, makes for an interesting "pilot's perspective", but does unfortunately not always make for the most steady video footage. You basically  "see" where the pilot is looking while flying.


Since then, I've upgraded to the new GoPro Hero 3 Black edition which I will be taking  on my upcoming photo-flying adventure in New Zealand next month.

Remember, " Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward and there you will always long to return" Leonardo da Vinci

BJORN







Comments