Pic(k) of the week 31: Toronto skyline at sunset

Last week was my first time visiting Canada; the 85th country I set foot on. With almost half of the world countries ticked off the United Nations list of 195, there are still a lot of exciting new places on the bucket list!

I spend two nights in Toronto, the most populous city in Canada and the provincial capital of Ontario. Especially, if I've new to a city, I always do a fair amount of pre-travel online research. A great tool for this is the Stuck on Earth app; a free Stuck in Customs product for iPad and Mac.

On my first night in Toronto, I jumped on a ferry to the Toronto Islands, one of the prime spots to photograph the great skyline.

The image below was shot just a few minutes before sunset, as the sun was disappearing behind the buildings. 

Toronto skyline at sunset

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the 10-24 XF lens
ISO 200, 17mm (25mm full frame equivalent), f6.4, 
5 exposures, different shutter speeds between 0.6 and 30s 
Lightroom 5.5 RAW conversion 
Merge to 32 bit HDR Pro in Photoshop CC 2014
Nik Color Efex Pro 4 for contrast and detail enhancement

As I'm also in the process of testing the new Fujifilm 18-135 lens, you can expect an in the field review somewhere end of next week.

More images of my visit to Toronto can be found in a dedicated gallery here.


BJORN





Comments