Pic(k) of the week 1: WINTER TREES: NEW YEAR - NEW BEGINNING

Now that all our New Year's resolutions have been made, I would like to wish all my readers a 2015 full of joy and happiness!

It's hard to believe that my Pic(k) of the week series is already entering its sixth year. So far I've never missed a week and one of my resolutions is definitively to do more of the same in 2015!

As humans we however often look at a New Year as an opportunity to reset and start from scratch; learning from the past and trying to do things better in the future! 

When I crossed a beautiful line of trees along a Belgian highway during the last few days of 2014, I knew I had to get off and photograph the landscape. We often think that we can easily get back to things at a later stage, which is of course not always the case. And no, I'm not limiting myself to photography here! 2014 Was a perfect example of this...

After I left the highway at the next exit, I eventually got closer to my line of winter trees. Except for one, they were all without leaves; waiting for a New Year to start, a perfect metaphor.
Winter trees


Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with XF 16-55 2.8 lens
ISO 200, 55mm (83mm full frame equivalent), f 5.6, 1/680s
RAW development in Lightroom 5.7
Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 for Black and White conversion

The 2014 Pic(k) of the week series can be found here.
Following a yearly tradition, next week I'll blog about my 3x3 favourite  Architectural, Travel and Aviation images of the past year. 

Today is the first page of a new 365 page book, you better write a good one!

Happy New year, BJORN


Comments