Pic(k) of the week 50: Oxen plowing in Mandalay (Myanmar)

When I blogged part 2 of my travels through Myanmar earlier this week, I left one image out of the blogpost on purpose... 

On of my favourite images of the few days we photographed in the Mandalay region, is the one below of a farmer plowing a field with an oxen team. I particularly like how the early morning sun falls on his face, while two ladies are patiently waiting on his side. To me it completely reflects the peaceful and relaxed feeling I had while making the image! 

Oxen plowing in Mandalay (Myanmar)

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the 50-140 f2.8 lens
ISO 400, 102mm (153mm full frame equivalent), f5.6, 1/250s
RAW development in Lightroom 5.7
Nik ColorEfex Pro4 for contrast enhancement

Remember: "You will never plough a field by turning it over in your mind" - Irish saying


Comments